Sunday, July 3, 2016

LD Unexplained To Me - Robert John Meehan

LD Unexplained To Me

Robert John Meehan


i have a disability
his name is LD
i think he lives
deep inside of me

my mom sometimes cries
she's afraid you see
i think she thinks
she'll catch it from me

i go to the doctor
down neath the stairs
she comes to get me
while my whole class stares

she's fixing my progress
without shots or pills
i hope poor progress
ain't a disease that kills

i don't feel a hurt
but i'm a little scared though
can i be like the others
or will my LD soon show

will there be spots
or pox or an itchy rash
or will my body just melt
into a pile of trash

i don't want LD
its scary to me
what can i do
to rid it from me

my teacher is nicer
and kinder to me
cause she's moved
her desk closer to me

i know just why
she did this for me
we were nicer and kinder
to aunt rose before she died...you see

will i have to get shots
and amputations too
or will i be in much pain
before all this is through

when the whispering stops
will someone just say
let's bow our heads
for this poor boy we pray

Reprinted with permission from


No comments:

Post a Comment